March 10, 2014
Shenandoah County is getting some help to help protect residents from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Shenandoah County Fire Department will be installing 200 carbon monoxide detectors for the community, free of charge.
The detectors are first come, first serve, and will only be installed in homes that meet certain requirements.
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas and that's why the fire department believes having a CO detector is just as important as having a smoke detector. This is only for residents in Shenandoah County.
People who are interested should contact the Shenandoah Department of Fire and Rescue.