Electrical Fire Causes $100K in Damage

By: Amelia Nahmias Email
By: Amelia Nahmias Email

MT. SOLON, Va. -- An electrical fire started at a home at about 9 a.m. Wednesday off of Emmanuel Church Road. Augusta County firefighters said this fire was caused by a malfunction in a generator that sent a power surge to the house.

Fire crews said it caused about $100,000 in damage.

The fire burnt a room in the basement and damaged furniture. Neighbors said the electric current went out on the road shortly before the fire. That's when the owner started the generator.

Fire crews said they had the fire controlled in 30 minutes.

No one was inside the home at the time, except for a cat, which died.

 Follow Amelia Nahmias on Facebook.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 186221082 - whsv.com/a?a=186221082
Gray Television, Inc.