- ¾ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced (24 slices) divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 18 oz. orange roughy fillets, cut into 6 serving-size pieces
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 6 orange slices
- In 2 cup measure, place cornstarch. Blend in 1/3 cup orange juice. Microwave at High for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and translucent, stirring once. Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, place 12 kiwi slices, the oil and vinegar. Process until smooth. Pour into thickened orange juice mixture. Mix well. Set aside.
- In 10 inch square casserole, arrange orange roughy fillets in single layer. In 1 cup measure, combine ¼ cup orange juice and the orange peel. Pour over fillets. Cover with wax paper. Microwave at High for 6 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes with fork. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons sauce. Garnish with remaining kiwi slices and the orange slices.
Yield: 6 servings
Calories per serving: 171
Fat (grams): 8 g.
Carbs: 12 g.
Source: Microwave Cooking – Low Fat Microwave Meals
Prepared by Linda Morrison
September 8, 2004