- 3 eggs, beaten
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 tbsp. fine semolina (or sifted flour)
- 6 ¼ cups chicken or beef stock
- 6 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 rounds of French bread, to serve
Combine eggs, semolina and cheese. Add nutmeg. Beat in 1 cupful of cooled stock. Heat remaining stock to simmering in a large saucepan. A few minutes before serving, whisk the egg mixture into the broth. Raise the heat slightly, and bring it barely to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes. As the egg cooks, the soup will not be completely smooth. To serve, toast the bread and place 2 rounds in bottom of each soup plate. Ladle on the hot soup and serve immediately. Serves 6.