- 20-ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Emes kosher gelatin
- 1/2 cup rinsed raw cashews
- Two 12.3-ounce packages silken tofu, extra firm
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- Rind of 1/2 lemon or 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup pitted dates or dried pineapple
Combine crushed pineapple and Emes gelatin in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring well. Combine in blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crumb crust in 9 x 13-inch casserole dish or spring-form pan. Chill and serve with strawberry topping and fruit garnish or Berry Fruit sauce.
Thaw strawberries if frozen. Puree the berries in a blender. If dates are not soft, place in small amount of water and steam in the microwave or on the stove. Combine with strawberries in the blender and blend smooth. Chill to thicken. Keep refrigerated.