This tasty sandwich is real classic!
6 slices rye bread
6 slices Swiss cheese
2 oz. melted butter
1/4 cup thousand island dressing
3 Tbsp. boiled cole slaw
3 1/4 lb. Polish sausage, cut in half, butterflied
1. Heat up a large non-stick pan and brown butterflied sausages. Set them aside and melt butter in the same pan. Place bread in pan and move them around to soak up some of the butter.
2. Flip the bread over and move around some more.
3. Turn heat down to medium-low. Place the cheese, then cole slaw and the dressing.
4. When the bread is golden brown place the sausage on and make the melts.
5. Slice in thirds and serve with dijon mustard and french fries.
Yield: 3 servings