Grilled Vegetable and Hummus Wrap
1 c. garbanzo beans, canned, drained
3 T. lemon juice
3 T. sesame oil
1 clove garlic, or more to taste
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
4 each 10-inch flour tortilla
4 oz. sliced onion, about 1 onion
12 oz. yellow squash, about 2 squash
8 oz. red bell pepper, about 2 peppers
4 oz. mushrooms, portabella preferred
12 oz. tomato, fresh
4 T. olive oil
3 T. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. mixed herbs, fresh
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Place garbanzo beans, lemon juice, water, sesame oil, garlic, and kosher salt in food processor and process until smooth - set aside.
2. Prepare the vegetables: Trim and slice onion into 1/4 inch rounds, trim ends of squash and slice into 1/4 inch long slices, cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and white membranes, cut each pepper into 1/4s, remove core of tomato and slice into 1/3 and 1/2 inch rounds, remove stems from mushrooms and cut in half.
3. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, fresh herbs and kosher salt to make a dressing.
4. Over an outdoor grill, in a very hot oven, or in a hot cast iron pan grill, roast the vegetables until just tender and nicely colored. Remove and set aside.
5. Place the tortillas on the grill and heat briefly on each side.
6. Assemble the wrap - spread hummus equally on each tortilla, divide vegetables evenly and fold as for a burrito.
Yield: 4 servings