1 lb. frozen bread dough (uncooked pizza dough, rolls, or loaf dough)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Melted butter (optional)
This dish may be made ahead, refrigerated, and micro-heated.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Thaw frozen dough. Portion the dough into 8 pieces.
3. Flatten it to form a square or circle about 4 inches in diameter.
4. Combine the cheese and crumbled bacon. Cover and keep chilled until use.
5. Scramble the eggs in a non-stick, sprayed skillet until they are firm throughout and no liquid egg remains. Keep them warm.
6. Portion 1/8 of the cooked egg in the center of each dough portion. Top with a few tablespoons of the cheese and bacon mixture.
7. Form the dough into a cone shape by pinching 2 diagonally opposite edges together, twisting the pinched side under and leaving an opening on one side of the cone.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until dough is cooked and slightly golden and filling is heated thoroughly. Brush with melted butter if desired.
9. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings