1 container (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
8 egg whites
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Unroll the pizza dough and form into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten the dough with your hands, then roll out the dough to form a 12-inch circle. Place in the pie plate to form a crust.
3. Lightly coat a medium skilet with nonstick cooking spray. Add the onion, garlic, and basil. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onion is tender, stirring constantly.
4. In a large bowl, beat together the cottage cheese and feta cheese until creamy and well mixed. Add the evaporated milk and egg whites and contine beating until well combined. Stir in the onion mixture and spinach.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let stand for 15 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 1 slice, total servings: 8 Calories= 191 Total fat= 4 grams