Eggs Benedict with Easy Orange Hollandiase
2 English muffins, split
8 slices Canadian-style bacon
Cooking oil or shortening (optional)
2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules (optional)
1/4 cup dairy sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/2 to 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
1 to 2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
Orange wedges (optional)
1. Place muffins and bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven 10 to 15 minutes or until muffins are toasted and bacon is hot. Keep warm.
2. If desired, lightly grease a 2-quart saucepan. Add water to half-fillpan; if desired stir in bouillon granules. Bring water to boiling. Reduce heat to simering.
3. Break one egg into a measuring cup. Carefully slide egg into simmering water. Repeat with remainng eggs. Simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or to desired doneness. (Or, use an egg poaching pan.)
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine diary sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, finely shredded orange peel, orange juice, and Dijon-style mustard. Cook and stir over low heat just until warm; do not boil.
5. To serve, top each muffin half with 2 slices of bacon and an egg. Spoon sauce over eggs. If desired, serve with orange wedges.
Makes 4 servings