- 1 pound cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 3 ounces packaged dried Chinese egg noodles or fine egg noodles, broken
- Soy-Ginger dressing (see recipe below)
- ½ cup sweet red peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli florettes
- 1 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 cups torn lettuce such as bib or leaf
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and seeded
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
Combine all ingredients well and reserve
- Prepare chicken by grilling or broiling.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water.
- Mix chicken with noodles.
- Pour Soy-Ginger Dressing over chicken mixture, and cover and chill for two to 24 hours.
- To serve, add green onions, pepper strips, bamboo shoots and broccoli florettes to chicken and noodles.
Yield: 6 Servings
Sodium: 306 mg