- 1 cup vegetable broth (for milder flavor, can substitute water in place of broth)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups instant brown rice
- ½ cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbsp toasted almonds (optional)
- Combine the broth and orange juice in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and cranberry sauce. Return to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in almonds (optional).
Yield: 5 servings
Calories per serving without nuts: 172; Fat (grams): 1
Calories per serving with nuts: 189; Fat (grams): 2.5