- 5 peeled and sliced fresh peaches (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup egg substitute (equal to 4 eggs)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar (or the equivalent in artificial sweetener, i.e.: Splenda)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread fruit in an 8” x 8” pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix egg substitute, lemon juice, and vanilla extract with a wire whisk. Mix in sugar and salt. Gradually add the flour while whisking to prevent lumps.
- Pour over fruit. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy hot or cold at dessert, brunch or anytime.
Yield: 9 servings
133 calories (with sugar) 93 calories (with Splenda granular)
4 grams Protein
0 grams fat
Source: Quick and Healthy II by Brenda Ponichtera, RD