- ¼ cup bottled fat-free Italian dressing
- ½ cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- ½ cup coarsely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup stuffed green olives
- ¼ cup pitted ripe olives
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ T. dried basil leaves
- ½ t. dried oregano leaves
- (1 lb.) loaf Italian bread
- 3 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 – 6 ripe tomato slices
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- ¼ lb. ham slices
- ¼ lb. part-skim mozzarella cheese slices
- ¼ lb. cooked turkey breast slices
In food processor or blender, combine dressing and ingredients up to the bread. Pulse them until finely chopped - similar to pesto.
Cut bread loaf lengthwise. Remove bread from inside of halves, leaving a one-inch border attached to crust. Spread 3 tablespoon cream cheese inside each cut bread half. Spread ½ cup olive mixture over cream cheese on each bread.
Layer in bottom half: Spinach, tomato slices, egg slices, ham, mozzarella and turkey breast.
Close sandwich. Press together and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving. Cut loaf into 6 slices. Serves 6
VIRGINIA EGG COUNCIL
540 345 3958 ~ email@example.com