- 4 flour tortillas (8 diameter)
- 1 avocado - ripe
- ½ cup mayonnaise, imitation, no cholesterol
- ¼ cup green onions - chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies - canned
- 1 cup salsa – chunky
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, low fat – shredded
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 15 ounces black beans – 1 can – drained
- Combine avocado, ¼ cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons onions and garlic power and mix well. Lightly mash black beans.
- Place 1 tortilla on a service plate and spread with black beans. Top beans with another tortilla and avocado mixture. Place third tortilla and spread with salsa.
- Combine remaining mayonnaise and the chilies. Place fourth tortilla on top with chili. Spread remaining onions and cheese.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with hot peppers if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Calories per serving: 255
Fat (grams): 10
Prepared by Michael Noble, September 1, 2004