Green Tomato 1 each
Corn Meal ½ cup
All Purpose Flour ½ cup
Kosher Salt as needed
Fresh Ground Black Pepper as needed
Olive oil 2 oz
Frisse 1 oz
Goat Cheese fresh 2 oz
Harissa Aioli 2 oz (see other recipe)
Parsley fresh chopped 1 teaspoon
1. Combine the corn meal and the flour.
2. Slice the tomato about ½ inches thick. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the tomatoes in the corn meal mixture and press on to be sure it sticks.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the tomatoes.
5. Carefully lay the tomatoes in the pan and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
Flip and brown on other side. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
6. The tomatoes should be crisp on the outside but not mushy in the middle.
7. Place a small amount of frisse on the plate.
8. Shingle the tomatoes on the lettuce.
9. Drizzle with the aioli. Sprinkle with the goat cheese crumbles. Finish with chopped parsley
10. Serve warm.