Seafood Salad with Barley
32 each Mussels
12 oz Squid cleaned and cut into rings
16 Each Shrimp 16-20 cleaned
1 cup Dry white wine
1 cup Orange Juice
3 Tablespoons White Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Salt, kosher
6 oz Barley
3 Tablespoons Red pepper, diced
3 Tablespoons Green Pepper Diced
1 Tablespoon Dill, chopped
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper, ground
1. Bring the wine, juice, vinegar and salt to a boil in a small pot.
2. Poach the seafood until just done, one at a time. Chill.
3. When done, cook the barley in the poaching liquid unil al dente. Add water along the way if it gets too dry.
4. When the barley is cooked chill.
5. Add the peppers, dill, and seasonings to the barley.
6. Serve a mound of the barley with the seafood on top. Garnish with orange segments.