Wal-Mart Pulls Infant Formula after Baby Dies

Federal health agencies are testing samples of liquid and powdered infant formula and some distilled water used to prepare the powder by the Missouri parents of a 10-day-old boy who died from an apparent bacterial infection.

Laclede County health director Charla Baker said Thursday it could be several days before the test results are available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Avery Cornett died Sunday night after he was fed Enfamil Newborn
powder bought at a Walmart store in Lebanon.

Preliminary results indicate he died of a rare infection caused by Cronobacter sakazakii bacteria.

The store has stopped selling the product, and the company pulled a batch of the infant formula from more than 3,000 of its stores nationwide.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136073003 - whsv.com/a?a=136073003
Gray Television, Inc.