Seven more children have been sickened after ingesting Chinese-made toy beads.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says six of the children had to be hospitalized.
More than four million Aqua Dots toys were recalled earlier this week because of a toxic chemical coating. The agency ordered the recall after two children were knocked unconscious by eating beads. When eaten, the coating metabolizes into a toxic compound, gamma hydroxy butyrate, the so-called date-rape drug.
The compound can induce unconsciousness, seizures, drowsiness, coma and death.
The CPSC says it has received reports of nine children in all sickened by the product in the U.S.
The toys are manufactured in China for Australia-based Moose Enterprises, which sells them in 40 countries. Australian officials have also pulled the toy off the shelves after three children there were hospitalized.