House Fire Takes Dog's Life

By: Lauren McKay
By: Lauren McKay

There probably couldn't be a worse time of year for this sort of thing to happen. A kerosene heater is believed to be the cause of a morning fire that took the life of the family dog and destroyed part of their house. Crews were called to a fire at 3047 Shen Lake Drive in Rockingham County about 9 a.m. Jeannie Crislip, the owner of the house says her kerosene heater caught fire. When she wasn't able to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, she called 911. Crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to a newer addition of the house. Jeannie Crislip and her husband Jimmy are the owners of Affordable Pest Control. All of their business records were lost in the fire.


WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2109262 - whsv.com/a?a=2109262