House Fire in Fulks Run

By: WHSV Newsroom
By: WHSV Newsroom

Fulks Run Rockingham County Fire and Rescue said they got a call around 12:45 a.m., from a neighbor who said he heard a man screaming for help.

When crews arrived at the home in the 13000 block of Brocks Gap Road, they found the home engulfed in flames.

The fire was started by a wood stove, according to Rockingham County Fire and Rescue.

The Rockingham County Sheriff said crews saw smoke coming from the chimney, but are not sure if that is the cause.

The man living in the home, said he noticed fire coming from the back of the house.

No was was injured in the fire.

The house is not suitable to live in right now.

The Red Cross is providing the individual with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance.

He is now staying with family.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235525831 - whsv.com/a?a=235525831