Hanks Smokehouse Fire


Fire fighters say a wood grill chimney caught fire at Hanks Smokehouse in McGaheysville around 2:30 Sunday afternoon.

The fire was contained to the chimney and piping of the stove and caused only minor damage.

The owner tells TV3 that at the first sign of flames, he immediately evacuated employees and customers from the building.

"I think they're going to get the stove clean, but you know, they're safe enough to serve what they got prepared already," says McGaheysville Assistant Fire Chief Todd Breeden.

After being closed for several hours the restaurant has now reopened. No one was injured.


WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4454552 - whsv.com/a?a=4454552