March 15, 2014
Investigators are blaming a short in an extension cord for Sunday night's fire at a James Madison University administration building.
The cord had been in the waiting room of Dr. John Eagle's office. Eagle, a psychiatrist, leases office space from JMU. On Monday, officials had determined that the fire had started in that waiting room.
The fire started around 11 p.m. Sunday night, and it took fire fighters more than two hours to get it under control. The fire caused more than $500,000 in damage.