Fire Cause

By: Rachel DePompa
By: Rachel DePompa

Forty-three-year-old Lloyd Shifflett died in the fire in Rocky Bar near Elkton, while trying to save a family pet. Rockingham County's assistant Fire Marshal, John Huddle says the fire started in a ceiling fan in the living room.

He's not sure if the wires overheated, a circuit overloaded, or if the fan was improperly installed.

50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 58081 -