Woman Burned By Bug Repellent

Authorities say 46-year-old Nancy Lacaria sustained burns to her back, legs and buttocks yesterday as she tried to fill a lantern with citronella insect repellent liquid.

Police say Lacaria spilled some of the bug repellent on herself and at the same time, dropped a lighted cigarette. That ignited the liquid and set her clothes on fire.

Lacaria ran to a nearby pond and jumped in. She's listed in serious condition at the University of Virginia Medical Center.


WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 64986 - whsv.com/a?a=64986
Gray Television, Inc.