Carbon Monoxide Levels Especially Dangerous During Winter


HARRISONBURG, Va. With the chance of the power going out, some people may turn to alternative heat sources. As a result, carbon monoxide levels can be especially dangerous during the winter season.

Scott Davis, the owner of Fire and Ice, said a large cause of carbon monoxide leaks is improperly using space heaters, designed for outdoors.

Another big problem is improperly burning fossil fuel appliances, like a gas furnace.

He said, if it is not burning properly or vented properly, carbon monoxide can back draft into our houses.

"Low levels of carbon monoxide causes headaches or unconsciousness. High levels can cause death," said Davis.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 241451201