Dog Saves Family in Trailer Fire, Home is Completely Destroyed

By: WHSV News Staff Email
By: WHSV News Staff Email

VERONA -- A trailer fire left a family homeless, but members of the family credit their dog with keeping everyone safe.

Augusta County Fire and Rescue firefighters got a call around 2 a.m. Tuesday for a fire on Meade Circle.

Sherry Spangler was in her trailer at the time and she credits her barking dog, who alerted her family to the fire, for everyone's safety. She managed to escape the house, but all her belongings were destroyed.

The Red Cross placed the family in a hotel for three days and she said she's thankful for the help.

“Thank God for them. I mean, I don't know what we would do and I still don't know what we are going to do after the three days but we're going to be alright somehow,” said Spangler.

No one was injured, but the family had no insurance. is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 199053221 -
Gray Television, Inc.