Fire Damages Home in New Market

Three people are getting help from the Red Cross Sunday evening after a fire damaged the home they were renting in New Market.

From Shenandoah County Dept of Fire and Rescue

New Market - Three people are getting help from the Red Cross Sunday evening after a fire damaged the home they were renting in New Market.

It happened on Shady Lane in New Market. Shenandoah County Fire & Rescue says the call came in around 2 p.m. Sunday.

New Market Fire Department was the first on scene. When they got there, flames were coming out of the roof of the house. About seven fire companies responded to the incident.

The people living in the house were not inside at the time of the fire. They do not have renters insurance.

The Shenandoah County Fire Marshal says the fire started with food and grease left on the stove in the kitchen. From their the flames spread to the roof and destroyed most of the kitchen. Much of the roof is gone. The rest of the house has smoke and water damage.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 255094471 - whsv.com/a?a=255094471