Fire in Rockingham Barn

By: Charles House II Email
By: Charles House II Email

HARRISONBURG--- Firefighters were out in force in response to a fire on a farm in Rockingham County. Firefighters said the fire started due to spontaneous combustion due to moisture in a pile of peanut hulls.

The fire did a small amount of damage to the barn. Crews spent hours removing the content from the barn to keep the fire from restarting.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235821421 - whsv.com/a?a=235821421