AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV)-- 11a.m. UPDATE: The Augusta County house fire that occurred early this morning was an electrical fire.
Everyone inside the house was able to get out in time, and no one was injured.
According to the New Hope Fire Department, the fire started in the basement from an old extension cord that was plugged into a dehumidifier. Lots of smoke was seen coming out of the basement.
Original story: Around 4 this morning, several fire departments were called to the scene of a house fire in Augusta County.
The Augusta County Fire Department said smoke was coming from the basement of a home in Hildebrand Circle.
No word yet on any injuries.
© Copyright 2014 WHSV / Gray Television Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.