UPDATE: House Fire in Augusta County

By: WHSV Newsroom
By: WHSV Newsroom

AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV)-- 11a.m. UPDATE: The Augusta County house fire that occurred early this morning was an electrical fire.

Everyone inside the house was able to get out in time, and no one was injured.

According to the New Hope Fire Department, the fire started in the basement from an old extension cord that was plugged into a dehumidifier. Lots of smoke was seen coming out of the basement.

Original story: Around 4 this morning, several fire departments were called to the scene of a house fire in Augusta County.

The Augusta County Fire Department said smoke was coming from the basement of a home in Hildebrand Circle.

No word yet on any injuries.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 260742341 - whsv.com/a?a=260742341