Fulks Run Rockingham County Fire and Rescue said they got a call around 12:45 a.m., from a neighbor who said he heard a man screaming for help.
When crews arrived at the home in the 13000 block of Brocks Gap Road, they found the home engulfed in flames.
The fire was started by a wood stove, according to Rockingham County Fire and Rescue.
The Rockingham County Sheriff said crews saw smoke coming from the chimney, but are not sure if that is the cause.
The man living in the home, said he noticed fire coming from the back of the house.
No was was injured in the fire.
The house is not suitable to live in right now.
The Red Cross is providing the individual with financial assistance to help with meals and clothing, and will continue to coordinate recovery assistance.
He is now staying with family.