March 10, 2014
MASSANUTTEN -- A family of six is now homeless after an early morning fire destroyed their home.
Fire crews got the call at 2:30AM Friday morning and said when they arrived on the scene, the Quarry Lane home was fully involved. Crews battled the fire until it was under control around 5:30AM.
Red Cross is now assisting the family who were all able to escape unharmed.
Crews from McGaheysville, Elkton, the town of Shenandoah and Rockingham County responded.
Chief Holloway with the Rockingham County Fire Department says that the cause is from a chimney fire. He stresses that people get their chimneys cleaned before starting.