RICHMOND, Va. (WHSV)-- The jury selection took all of the first day of his trial on corruption charges.
The jury of twelve and two alternates will start hearing testimony as soon as the morning of Jul. 29.
The jury of eight men and four women was seated on Jul. 28 for the trial of Bob and Maureen Mcdonnell. Opening statements for the trial are set for Jul. 29.
The McDonnells are charged in a fourteen-count indictment. Their trial is expected to last as many as six weeks.
The McDonnells are accused of accepting over $165,000 in gifts and loans from the CEO of dietary supplement company, Star Scientific.
Prosecutors say this was in exchange to promote the company's products. A lot of talk surrounding the trial has been about what exactly Star Scientific allegedly gave to McDonnell.
According to the Associated Press, here is the entire list of items;
1. Designer clothes and accessories for Maureen McDonnell on a New York City shopping trip: $19,288.
2. Catering for the wedding of one of the McDonnells’ daughters: $15,000.
3. A loan to cover expenses of two vacation rental properties in Virginia Beach owned by Bob McDonnell and his sister: $50,000.
4. Five golf outings at Kinloch Golf Club for McDonnell or family members and friends: $6,600.
5. A McDonnell family vacation at Williams’ multimillion-dollar vacation home on Smith Mountain Lake, including use of his Ferrari: no dollar value listed.
6. A Rolex watch engraved “71st Governor of Virginia,” paid for by Williams and given to Bob McDonnell by his wife as a Christmas gift: $6,500.
7. Dinner with Williams and a scientific researcher at a Richmond restaurant: $1,423.
8. A loan to MoBo Real Estate Partners, the vacation home rental firm owned by Bob McDonnell and his sister: $50,000.
9. Another loan to MoBo: $20,000.
10. A Labor Day weekend vacation at a luxury resort in Cape Cod, Mass., financed mostly by Williams: no dollar value listed.
11. Round-trip airline tickets for two of the McDonnells’ daughters to attend a bachelorette party in Savannah, Ga.: no dollar value listed.
For continuing coverage of the McDonnell trial, stay with WHSV on air and online, we'll have the latest from court on Jul.29 at noon.
© Copyright 2014 WHSV / Gray Television Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.