Mount Solon House Fire Update

By: David Coy Email
By: David Coy Email

MOUNT SOLON -- New details about the fire that happened late Saturday evening in Mount Solon.

The Meylenkos, who live in the house at 943 N. River Rd, said they think the fire started when husband Yuriy turned off the stove after cooking dinner. The fire started soon after he went to bed. Flames engulfed the left side of the house within minutes.

Janis Ralston lives next the Meylenkos and said you could smell the smoke pretty quickly.

"The closer you got the larger the smoke was billowing up over the trees and see that it was a structure fire and not just a chimney going," said Ralston.

Today you can see the remaining items from the fire being put into a trailer. The streets today are clear and looks like nothing happen.

The fire destroyed the entire home. Almost nothing was left. The only important papers left were passports.

There is some good news for the family, no one was hurt. The block of 900 N. River Drive might have just become closer.

Follow David Coy on Facebook and Twitter.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 209007451 - whsv.com/a?a=209007451