New Details Revealed In Kevin Quick Case

By: Garrett Wymer Email
By: Garrett Wymer Email

WAYNESBORO, Va. (WHSV) - New details have been released as police continue to investigate the death of Waynesboro Police Reserve Captain Kevin Quick.

As more information comes to light, those who worked with Quick said one thing the details don't change is that Quick is gone.

Court documents and search warrants have begun painting a picture of what happened to Quick.

The Daily Progress reports that investigators believe Quick died on February 1, the night he went missing, and that the killing doesn't appear to be linked to Quick's role as a reserve police captain.

This information provides a small amount, if any, solace for his brothers in blue.

"Of course, it doesn't change the fact that Kevin's still gone. So it's just another little bit of information that we're receiving. There's probably going to be much more to come when trials start happening and indictments come down. I guess we're just kind of prepared for a very long process at this point," said Sgt. Brian Edwards with the Waynesboro Police Department.

Edwards also said this case changes the profile of the victims normally associated with cases like this.

"In this case, it was a 45-year-old male, of fairly decent build. So what it does is it proposes more questions than gives us answers," said Edwards.

Edwards said the bottom line, the details don't change the fact that Quick is gone. is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 248624211 -
Gray Television, Inc.