Some Chinese Operators Suspend NKorea Tours

By: International AP Email
By: International AP Email

BEIJING (AP) -- Some Chinese travel agencies have cancelled tours to North Korea due to safety concerns as Pyongyang continues its war-like posturing. However, other Chinese operators say they still plan to take tourists in to the country.

North Korea has warned foreigners in South Korea to evacuate to safe places due to the threat of war and it has advised foreign diplomats in Pyongyang that it can't guarantee their safety past Wednesday.

A woman who refused to identify herself at the Explore North Korea travel agency in the border city of Dandong said group tourism had been suspended beginning Wednesday. She said they had received a notification from the National Tourism Administration warning against tourism to North Korea.

An official at the administration refused to confirm or deny this.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 202343211 - whsv.com/a?a=202343211