Teacher Says She Was Unaware Tea Was Poisoned

By: Virginia AP Email
By: Virginia AP Email

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) -- A Newport News middle school teacher says she had no idea two of her students were poisoning her tea by putting hand sanitizer in it.

The boys were charged with attempted poisoning earlier this month.

Hines Middle School teacher Jane Miller tells WVEC-TV her stomach was bothering her, she was exhausted when she got home and that she had a low-grade temperature. She says two girls in her class told on the boys who were later charged in the case.

She says she doesn't know why the boys put the Germ X into her tea, but noted she teaches math review and that a lot of her students don't really want to be there.

The boys were placed on a long-term suspension before being reassigned to an alternative school.

WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200601661 - whsv.com/a?a=200601661