ELKTON, Va. (WHSV) -- A 41-year-old Elkton woman sustained life-threatening burns Wednesday while lighting a fire pit.
Rescue crews responded to the 2600 block of North East Side Highway about 11:15 a.m.
Emergency personnel say the woman went to light the pit and didn't realize there was gasoline inside. When she lit a match, the gasoline blew up in her face.
She was taken to by ambulance Elkton Middle School, then transferred to a medical helicopter and flown to the University of Virginia Medical Center.
© Copyright 2014 WHSV / Gray Television Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.