Commenting - House Rules
WHSV.com encourages users to suggest removal of comments that violate any of the house rules:
- Keep it clean - This is a public forum. Do not use obscene, vulgar or sexually-oriented language, no matter how creatively it's spelled or depicted with symbols.
- Keep it civil - Don't defame, threaten, abuse or invade the privacy of other readers or the subjects of stories. No racism, sexism or any other sort of -ism that degrades another person.
- Keep it truthful and legal - Don't lie, impersonate another individual or post comments that advocate illegal activity.
- Keep on topic - Stay focused on the subject at hand. Do not post advertisements or solicitations for funds, goods or services.
- Be responsible - Comments are the sole responsibility of those who post them.
- No links - Comments containing links will not be approved due to the potential security risk such links pose including inappropriate content and viruses.
- Share your knowledge - Give us your eyewitness accounts, background and observations. If you see a factual error in a story or think there are issues we should follow up on, please e-mail the WHSV News Director.
- Exercise your authority - Police these comments and suggest removal of those that violate the house rules.
- And remember - Rules violators may be permanently banned from commenting.
In addition to those rules, these are other rules in place:
We welcome your feedback, positive and negative, as it helps us serve you better; however, in order to maintain a positive experience for all, we will delete comments that include foul language, name-calling and/or personal attacks. This includes public figures, politicians, WHSV staff or fellow commenters. We simply ask you offer your opinion without personally attacking another person.
In short, we will delete comments that:
- are profane, sexually explicit, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, abusive, misleading or unlawful, or infringes the rights of others or interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our page
- harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability
- harms minors in any way
- includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent
- are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful or mis-informative
- attacks a politician personally -- including petty name calling like "moron, idiots, liar, cheater, etc." State your opinion about the subject matter without a personal attack
While we don’t like to, we will ban users who repeatedly break these rules for posting or consistently use abusive or profane language.
Questions about commenting or other inquiries about this site may be sent to: WHSV News Director