More National AP Headlines
VA Names Interim Medical Inspector
- The Department of Veterans Affairs has appointed a top health administrator to serve as interim director of its Office of Medical Inspector.
Seven Dead in Massachusetts Apartment Fire
- Fire authorities say seven people have died in an early morning fire in a Massachusetts apartment building.
Four Children Among Six Killed in Houston-Area Shooting
- Authorities say a gunman who killed four children and two adults in suburban Houston has been charged in their deaths.
Update: Houston Shooting Standoff
- Deputies have cornered a man suspected in a shooting at a suburban Houston home that resulted in multiple fatalities
Utah to Appeal Gay Marriage Ruling to High Court
- Utah is going straight to the U.S. Supreme Court to challenge a federal appeals court ruling that found states must allow gay couples to marry.
White House Outlines 2014 Drug Control Policy
- The Obama administration is unveiling a 2014 drug control policy with a focus on promoting drug treatment programs, as well as stemming heroin use and prescription painkillers abuse.
10-year Sentence for ex-New Orleans Mayor Nagin
- Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for his conviction on bribery, money laundering and other corruption charges.
Pistorius Defense Team Closes Case
- The chief defense lawyer in the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius says he has closed his case, and the judge says final arguments will be held in court on Aug. 7 and 8.
Obama Seeks $3.7 Billion to Deal with Border Kids
- President Barack Obama is asking Congress for $3.7 billion to deal with the minors from Central American who are illegally crossing the U.S. southern border.
Prosecutor: Tsarnaev Friend Impeded Investigation
- A federal prosecutor has told jurors that a friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev impeded the investigation into the bombing.
Puppy Mill Bust in Page County
- The Page County Sheriff’s Office and Animal Control along with help from Animal Rescue Corps (ARC) in the rescue of approximately 120 dogs and four parrots found living in extremely neglectful conditions at a puppy mill at a home in Page County. All of the animals were seized by the Page County Sheriff’s Office.
US Ed Dept. Adds 12 Schools to Title IX List
- The U.S. Department of Education has added 12 colleges and universities to its growing list of educational institutions being investigated for their handling of sexual assault complaints.
More More National AP Headlines