Tuesday Night Fire Destroys Home

MCGAHEYSVILLE, Va. (WHSV) -- A family of five in Rockingham County is homeless after a fire destroyed its home.

Family members believe the Tuesday night fire at their Grasshopper Lane home was started from an electrical outlet.

One person was taken to Sentara RMH Medical Center with burn injuries.

The family is currently staying with relatives and is thankful for all of the help from the Red Cross and others.

"All I know is I appreciate everything everybody is doing for me, I really do and I'm glad people help and the way they did help me and I'm thankful," said Garland Nieswander, who owns the home.

"We're gonna provide up to three days in a local hotel, we will also provide money for clothing if the clothing has been destroyed, and we will also provide money for food," said Raymond Watson with the Red Cross.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 240357981 - whsv.com/a?a=240357981
Gray Television, Inc.