March 9, 2014
CRAIGSVILLE-- A Thanksgiving night fire damaged most of a house located on Estaline Valley Rd. No one was hurt. The Red Cross will be assisting two people who lived there.
The house is probably a total loss because there was no insurance, the Augusta Co. Fire Dept. said.
The fire started around 7:00 p.m on Thursday night. They aren't sure what started the fire, but are leaning towards electrical causes.
The fire started on the outside of the house and got into the attic. Most of the roof was damaged. Crews were able to save a lot of the people's furniture and clothes.
Crews from Augusta Co., Craigsville, Churchville, and Swoope were on seen for around three hours last night. The fire started again on Friday morning, but was put out pretty quickly.