Student Athlete of the Week
Tucker McCoy: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week March 5
- Spotswood High School's Tucker McCoy is trying to lead his team to a state championship, but that's not the only reason his future is so bright.
Stephen Hott: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week February 27
- Stephen Hott from East Hardy High School has many goals in life.
Cody Lambert: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week February 20
- It's straight to business for Pendleton County High School's Cody Lambert who leads the Wildcats' basketball team.
Dylan Giovine: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week February 13
- R.E. Lee High School's Dylan Giovine isn't one to look for the cameras.
Jonathan Feaster: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week February 6
- Central High School's Jonathan Feaster uses laser focus to perform his best as a swimmer for the Falcons and it carries over into the classroom.
Evan Knowles: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week January 30
- Page County High School's Evan Knowles is a dedicated three-sport athlete, but athletics are not the only thing on his mind.
Terius Grandison: WHSV Student of the Week January 23
- While 40 is on the back of his jersey, Luray High School's Terius Grandison isn't worried about the announcer calling his number.
Matt Shifflett: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week January 16
- When the game is on the line, Harrisonburg High School's Matt Shifflett is ready to handle the pressure.
Jess Bergan: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week January 9
- Broadway High School's Jess Bergan has been an All-Region performer in four sports for the Gobblers, her drive, setting the tone for Broadway's success.
Cheyenne Earle: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week January 2
- Petersburg High School's Cheyenne Ealre steps up when the pressure is at its highest.
Kelson Thorne: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week December 19
- Petersburg High School's Kelson Thorne is an All-Potomac Valley player at both running back and linebacker, but that kind of success was anything but certain early in his career.
Marissa Collier: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week December 12
- Turner Ashby High School's Marissa Collier holds the state record for digs in a season and in a career, but her career as a knight didn't start with so much certainty.
Sable Ponn: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week December 5
- Luray High School's Sable Ponn is a dominant force both on the volleyball and basketball courts, but not at the expense of her teammates.
Daniel Buhl: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week November 28
- Stonewall Jackson High School quarterback Daniel Buhl has made a habit of barreling his way through the defense and leading his generals into battle.
David King: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week November 21
- At Riverheads High School, David King was used to catching passes and scoring touchdowns as an All-State wide receiver, but as a senior, he hasn't caught a single pass all season thanks to a broken ankle.
Ocean Armstrong: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week November 14
- Broadway High School's Ocean Armstrong has a passion for the game of golf that runs deep.
Jasmine Johnson: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week November 7
- As a setter on the R.E. Lee volleyball team, it's Jasmine Johnson's job set up her teammates for success.
Andrew Good: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week October 31
- For Stonewall Jackson's Andrew Good, making the perfect putt or a tough chip--there's not much like it.
Evan Hanifee: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week October 24
- You could almost say Evan Hanifee is Turner Ashby High School's knight in shining armor.
Kyle Bishop: WHSV Student Athlete of the Week October 17
- Riverheads High School's Kyle Bishop is at his best when that ball is in his hands.
More Student Athlete of the Week