Transformer Fire Sends Staunton Students Home Early

School administrators at R.E. Lee High School in Staunton evacuated students at 9:30 a.m. due to a transformer fire.

The fire was caused by a lightning strike.

Officials sent the students home because half of the school building lost power, including the area where student's were preparing to take their end-of-the-year Standards of Learning exams.

Electricians will look at the damage Tuesday afternoon.


WHSV.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WHSV-TV3
50 North Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-9191 - Switchboard 540-433- 4028 - Fax 540-433-2700 - News Fax

WSVF Public Inspection File

Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121992664 - whsv.com/a?a=121992664