Widespread frost expected this weekend
HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) - With the cooler fall temperatures it is time for a frost.
Here is a look at average frost dates for the area.
Now some spots did see a light frost on the morning of September 28th. This can happen with lows in the upper 30s. The nights to watch for is when the forecast is around or below 40°, the sky is going to be clear and wind is calm.
The weekend of October 7-9, 2022
Now we are on par to see the first widespread frost this upcoming weekend.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Lows in the low to mid 40s.
- A widespread freeze for the Alleghenies (Upper 20s to low 30s)
- Wind will prevent a frost. There will be enough of a light steady breeze that will prevent a frost.
SATURDAY NIGHT: (Lows in the low to mid 30s)
- A widespread freeze for the Alleghenies (Mid to upper 20s)
- A widespread frost and freeze for the rest of our West Virginia locations. Lows 29° to 33°
- A widespread frost for the Shenandoah Valley, this would be a killing frost. Isolated freezing temperatures in the Shenandoah Valley. Low spots, at the base of any ridge, hill or terrain. Typical cold spots in the low 30s.
Another widespread frost expected for Sunday night. Lows in the low to mid 30s but Saturday will be the coldest night.
Copyright 2022 WHSV. All rights reserved.