Advertisement

Building and tractor lost in Hinton fire

Published: Mar. 4, 2016 at 2:52 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Rockingham County building burnt down because of an electrical fire on Thursday night.

The fire started at about 7 p.m. inside a machine shed and shop in the 1800 block of Hinton Road. A tractor was also lost in the fire, which caused about $50,000 in damages.

The wires arced, which caused the electrical fire, according to Rockingham County Dept. of Fire and Rescue.

No one one was hurt in the fire and four stations responded to contain it.

Rockingham County Dept. of Fire and Rescue Asst. Fire Marshal Lt. Todd Spitzer shared photos with WHSV.