Dryer catches fire at Harrisonburg bed and breakfast

The dryer that caught fire
By  | 
View Map

HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) -- East Market Street, from Hill to Reservoir streets, was closed for a short time while fire crews were on the scene of a small fire in the 500 block of East Market Street.

This is according to Mary-Hope Vass, Public Information Officer for the City of Harrisonburg.

She adds, a fire was contained to a dryer in a laundry room at a bed and breakfast facility. Smoke filled the basement and first floor, which crews helped ventilate from the building.

The fire started inside the Stonewall Jackson Inn Bed & Breakfast.

No injuries were reported, and the damage was estimated to be less than $5,000.

All city apparatus, along with Hose Company #4, responded to the incident.

The call came in at 1:46 p.m., and the streets reopened just before 3:00 p.m.

Bed & Breakfast fire in Harrisonburg

Posted by Channing Frampton TV on Friday, March 11, 2016


Fire trucks block the intersection of E. Market and Reservoir
Damage in the basement of the inn