HARRISONBURG, Va. (WHSV) — Some barbecue lovers in Harrisonburg may have been briefly worried on Monday afternoon about a local favorite when firefighters were called out to Bar-B-Q Ranch, but the much-loved restaurant should be fine.
A call came in for a fire with visible flames at the small eatery, but crews at the scene told WHSV it was a small grease fire which was contained to a fryer in the kitchen.
It was mostly handled by the time firefighters arrived, but they worked to vent lingering smoke out of the building.
No injuries were reported and damage was limited to minimal smoke damage.
The fire marshal will determine when the restaurant, which temporarily closed due to the reported fire, can re-open.
Bar-B-Q Ranch has drawn national headlines before, when then-candidate Mike Pence visited after a rally at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in 2016.