AUGUSTA COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) — A Staunton man faces multiple charges after deputies say he was found with several pounds of methamphetamine.
Courtesy: Cutout Photo: tsbxbby / Flickr / CC BY 2.0 License Link Photo: Chris O'Sullivan / MGN License LinkMGN Image
According to the Augusta County Sheriff's Office, deputies carried out a search warrant at the Relax Inn on White Hill Rd. in Mint Springs on Wednesday.
In the course of carrying out that warrant, they seized about four pounds of meth, three ounces of crack cocaine, some marijuana, approximately $36,000 in U.S. currency, and a stolen handgun.
Tonio Brandon Wallace, 35, of Staunton, was arrested and charged with the following:
• Possession with the intent to sell over 200 grams of methamphetamine
• Possession with the intent to distribute crack cocaine.
• Felon in possession of a firearm.
• Simultaneous possession of a firearm and Schedule II drugs.
• Possession of a stolen firearm.
• Child endangerment.
Deputies say the child endangerment charge is because there was an infant in the room at the time of the search, in Wallace's care.
He is currently being held at Middle River Regional Jail without bond.
The narcotics seized have an approximate street value of $170,000, according to the sheriff's office.