Directions1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
3. Fold a fourth of the batter into the pumpkin mixture. Gently fold in the remaining batter.
4. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
5. Bake on lowest oven rack at 350 F for 38-44 minutes.
6. Garnish pieces with whipped topping and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Yield: 12 servings
Calories per serving: 170
Fat (grams): 1
Source: Pamela Overton, Charleston, Illinois.
Prepared by Colleen Bolander, MS, RD
October 27, 2004